Luton Council provides two skips per year on the Stockingstone site. One in the spring and one in the autumn.
The skip is intended for general rubbish that tends to build up over the cultivation and growing seasons on your plot.
The skip is not intended for green waste that can be composted and large heavy items, such as concrete slabs, bricks, stones and broken garden furniture.
The skip must not be overloaded and become, when full, too heavy to be lifted on to the lorry.
What can I put in the skip?
- Old bits of wood and canes
- Branches, brambles and stems from pruning
- Sods and turf from plot clearing
- Empty plastic and metal containers that are too large to fit into the standard recycling containers provided by the Council
- Other ‘odds and ends’ from your plot that can’t be composted
What not to put in the skip
- Garden and household rubbish from home
- Containers of paint or chemicals
- Poisonous and hazardous materials
- Concrete slabs